If you'd like to connect a USB-capable chip to your USB host, this cable will make the task very simple. There is no converter chip in this cable! Its basically a plain USB cable that's cut in half and with jumper sockets on the power and data lines. Simple to use, does the job when you have something that exposes the D+/D- pins.
- Red wire connects to 5V power (from USB host)
- Black wire connects to common data/power ground
- Green connects to D+ data positive
- White connects to D- data negative
- Remember, this has no USB-Serial converter inside it! It's for direct connection to a USB interface, only.