This PiCAN FD with SMPS board provide CAN-Bus FD capability for the Raspberry Pi. It uses the Microchip MCP2517FD CAN controller with MCP2562FD CAN transceiver. Connection are made via DB9 or 3 way screw terminal. A real time clock with battery back up (battery not included) is also on the board.
The improved CAN FD extends the length of the data section to up to 64 bytes per frame and a data rate of up to 8 Mbps.
This board is also available with an optional SMPS, please select this option below.
- Microchip MCP2517FD CAN Controller
- Microchip MCP2562FD CAN transceiver
- Arbitration Bit Rate u pto 1Mbps
- Data Bit Rate upto 8Mbps
- CAN FD Controller modes
- Mixed CAN 2.0B and CANFD mode
- CAN 2.0B mode
- Conforms to ISO 11898-1:2015
- High speed SPI Interface
- CAN connection via standard 9-way sub-D connector or screw terminal
- Compatible with OBDII cable
- Solder bridge to set different configuration for DB9 connector
- 120Ω terminator ready
- Serial LCD ready
- LED indicator
- Four fixing holes, comply with Pi Hat standard
- SocketCAN driver, appears as can0 to application
- Interrupt RX on GPIO25
- RTC with battery backup (battery not included)